Welcome to the November edition of Tips & Trips, a roundup of vegan travel tips and blog posts by vegans who have recently traveled and documented their food finds. If you have some tips or want to submit a link, please contact us.
Vegan Travel Tips
- VegNews assures us things are looking up for vegans flying during the holiday season. More and more vegan options are popping up in airports, and more airlines are offering vegan and vegetarian meals.
- The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) just released the results of a study that found 82% of major US airport restaurants now offer at least one low-fat, high-fiber, cholesterol-free vegetarian entrée, up from 79% last year.
- If you’re nervous about keeping up your healthy vegan lifestyle while traveling for the holidays, check out these 10 tips from the Healthy Voyager.
- Sherri from Vegan Nosh has some advice on what vegan food items you can get through airport security.
- If you’re traveling by car, rather than plane, check these road trip snack ideas from Sarah at The Ordinary Vegetarian blog.
- Heather from Healthy Vegan Recipes delivers more great vegan travel advice this month, bringing us tips for cooking on the road without oil. She’s also started a discussion about whether or not vegans who choose healthy meals are missing out.
- This month I was introduced to The Veggie Bus, an online resource put together by a bunch of “hardcore vegetarians who are traveling the world (well Asia to start with) seeking the finest (and cheapest) veggie cuisine from China, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.”
- Do you have vegan travel tips to share? Submit your best tips for a chance to win a Kiss My Face gift pack from the Tomorrow Austin blog. You can enter until January 11, 2011!