Welcome to the December edition of Tips & Trips, a roundup of vegan travel tips and blog posts by vegans who have recently traveled and documented their food finds. If you have some tips or want to submit a link, please contact us.
Vegan Travel Tips
- JL from the JL Goes Vegan Blog has been vegan for just under a year and has already figured out how to travel and keep up her new diet and lifestyle. Not only did she visit Barbados and report on her food finds, but she also wrote a great guest post for This Dish is Veg to share her tried and true strategies for the traveling vegan.
- Spencer from the Observations from the Road Less Traveled blog vacationed in the Bahamas and returned with some advice for vegan voyagers. Check out this post on Traveling While Vegan – 10 Ways to Stay Committed and Healthy.
- Colleen Patrick-Goudreau shares her travel tips in a recent episode of the Vegetarian Food for Thought podcast titled Finding Abundance while Traveling in General (and in Ireland).
- You can never have too many vegan travel tips (can you!?)! Hugo Essog shares his 7 travel tips for vegans.
- If you’re traveling by air during the remainder of the holidays or planning a trip for early in the new year, take Vega Chic’s advice and request a special vegan meal from the airline.
- Courtney’s Vegan Journal interviews Donna Zeigfinger, owner of Green Earth Travel who shared helpful suggestions for vegans planning a domestic or international trip.
- Eco-Vegan Gal polled Twitter users on healthy vegan travel snacks ideas for plane travel during the holidays. She has some great ideas that you can use anytime of the year or on any mode of transportation.
- When traveling and having limited access to a kitchen, vegans often turn to convenience foods. Leigh from A Vegan Obsession shares some of her favourite vegan convenience foods to pack when traveling.
- Speaking of convenience meals, Tasty Bite makes Indian and Thai inspired vegan meals that are great for camping, backpacking or quick dinners at home. All you need is some boiling water. Cristen from Circle our Earth did a review of Tasty Bite after taking their products on a camping trip.
- Cristen (of Circle our Earth) has traveled around the world as a vegan, so it’s safe to say she knows her stuff. She will be sharing her experiences with others who aspire to travel and eat vegan at an upcoming Vegetarian Travel Class at REI in Austin, TX on January 11th, 2010.