Welcome to the February edition of Tips & Trips, a roundup of vegan travel tips and blog posts by vegans who have recently traveled and documented their food finds. If you have some tips or want to submit a link, please contact us.
Vegan Travel Tips
- The Roaming Carrot is a new website for vegetarian and green-minded travelers that launched this month. Heather, the woman behind the site, has already published some great articles with tips for finding veggie options while on American road trips and when visiting Japan or Santa Catalina Island, California.
- If you’re thinking of volunteering during your next vacation, check out One Green Planet’s list of 10 Amazing Volunteer Vacations Where You Can Help Animals
- Another idea for your spring vacation: Join Compassion Over Killing on a fundraiser journey where you can volunteer at the Woodstock Sanctuary
- While gearing up for her book tour, Lindsay aka Happy Herbivore posted some advice for vegan travelers and included a list of vegan options you can find at fast food chains
- USA Today Travel published a bleak article titled Vegetarians, vegans face special challenges while traveling.
- Thankfully, Robin Soslow, a PETA blogger, wrote a great response to the USA Today article and showcased some of the vegan meals she has enjoyed while dining on the road. This month Robin also blogged about her vegan finds in Palm Springs and Albuquerque.
- Stuart Perkins brings us another positive article about traveling while vegan. This one mentions that the lack of vegan airline meals is a blessing in disguise because in-flight meals are often mediocre and bringing your own food is a much better option.
- Tess from Radiant Health Inner Wealth lists 10 tips for eating healthy and mostly raw while traveling
- The Vegan Around the World Network reached 1500 members this month and Feather has put together some tips on how to use the network to help with travel planning