Welcome to the August edition of Tips & Trips, a roundup of vegan travel tips and blog posts by vegans who have recently traveled and documented their food finds. If you have some tips or want to submit a link, please contact us.
Vegan Travel Tips
- Vegan Mainstream brings us tips on how to prepare for family road trips and shares a list of budget-friendly vegan items to pack for outdoor adventures.
- Looking for a travel snack idea other than granola, rice cakes or energy bars? Hannah from Bitter Sweet posted one of her favourite travel snack recipes: Smoky, Spicy “Cheese” Crackers.
- In an interview with Jazz Hostels, Vegan World Trekker offers some tips for traveling vegetarians and vegans.
- If you’re looking for tour companies or resources to help plan a healthy, eco or volunteering trip, check out this helpful list prepared by Carolyn Scott of the Healthy Voyager.
- In January I visited Buenos Aires, Argentina are found the city was full of vegetarian and vegan options. The NY Times recently wrote an article to show off some of the best places to find veggie meals in this city know for its steaks.
- We will be in India in less than two weeks and are looking forward to tasting the local vegan options. A recent article in the Huffington Post talks about how veg options are always available in India. However, the question remains: How many of those veg options are vegan? We will let you know!
Vegan Travel Bloggers
- Vegans who are frequently traveling for work will be able to relate to this consultant who has started a blog to document a three month challenge to eat vegan while staying in hotels and traveling from city to city on business.
- Te Araroa On Veg is another new vegan travel blog. Starting in November, this brave vegan will set off on the Te Araroa track, a long-distance tramping track in New Zealand that covers around 3000 km and will take him about five to six months to complete.
- The Urban Housewife recently moved to Vienna and has given us a peak into her new neighborhood. I’m sure the Vienna food posts are just around the corner. In the meantime, she recapped a recent trip to LA and highlighted some of her favourite places to dine in San Francisco.
- For more on San Fran, you can check out The Lazy Smurf‘s post about eating at Cinnaholic and Gracias Madre. She’s also has lots of food photos from her visits to Huston, Santa Cruz, and Milwaukee.