Welcome to the September edition of Tips & Trips, a roundup of vegan travel tips and blog posts by vegans who have recently traveled and documented their food finds. If you have some tips or want to submit a link, please contact us.
Vegan Travel Tips
- Cooking at hostels is a great way to enjoy healthy meals and save money while traveling. This grocery list of traveling champions is full of good ideas. Just ignore the last paragraph.
- You don’t have to stop exercising just because you’re on vacation. Keep up your healthy vegan lifestyle with these travel exercise tips from the Healthy Vegan Recipes blog. Heather and Phil are traveling for a few months and sharing lots of great advice through their travel section (registration required).
- Heather has also written some helpful articles, including one with three vegan travel secrets and a list of the seven most veg-friendly cities in Europe.
- Need another reason to keep up your vegan diet while traveling? How about three reasons? The Responsible Traveler blog shares three benefits of being a vegan voyager.
- Many people like to volunteer during long-term travel. If you’d like to volunteer with an organization that supports vegan ethics, check out this roundup of vegan volunteer vacations by Vegan World Trekker.
Vegan Travel Bloggers
- Jennifer from It Ain’t Meat Babe visited New York this month and wrote all about her fabulous food finds. There were so many, she had to split her review into a three part food-o-rama series. One. Two. Three. She also recently traveled to Toronto, a Canadian city with lots of vegan options, where she ate at Fressen and Sadie’s Diner.
- Melisser from the Urban Housewife blog shared some news about an interesting vegan dessert she found at Naschmarkt in Vienna, and also announced her book signing dates for The Vegan Girls Guide to Life, which is bound to share some excellent travel advice.
- Think traveling as a vegan is challenging? How about raw vegan travel? Jasmine from A Day in the Life of a Raw Food Traveler blog has been writing about her raw adventures for awhile and recently published a detailed recap of her visit to Portland, Oregon.
- Regina from Girl Goes Vegan has been traveling and writing about her vegan finds in cities like Vancouver, Milwaukee, and Seattle.
- The Hungry Vegan Traveler went on a United States Pacific Northwest road trip and stopped at lots of tasty looking restaurants along the way.